You may know, my online chess rating hovered around 1300 for decades, “Hopelessly Mediocre Chess.” No matter which website or app I used, I was about a 1300 player, give or take. Then, a few months back, Emmons won a very long streak of games, beating me soundly time after time.
I discovered he was watching International Master Eric Rosen stream live on Twitch and watching his videos on YouTube. He was learning volumes about winning chess play, which explained why he was kicking my ass time and time again.
So, I had to start watching, too, just to keep up with Emmons’s gameplay. I quickly found Eric’s favorite opening to be solid and enjoyable, the Stafford Gambit. So, I’ve been studying it on YouTube (jump to links). These videos show some incredible chess traps and tactics. As a result of this and some other studies, my rating has shot up, and I’m able to keep up with Emmons, at least for now.
I got one of the most fantastic traps to work, and here it is.
Opponent Takes the Bait and Falls for the
Evil Queen Sacrifice, Die in Eight Moves Thingy!!
Evil Queen Sacrifice, Die in Eight Moves thingy!
A crazy trap in the Stafford Gambit
Click on the arrows or click on the board and use the mouse scroll wheel to see each move. I played black.
Eric Rosen’s Stafford Gambit Videos:
- A Beginner Lesson in the Stafford Gambit
- The Trappiest Opening in Chess? | Win Quickly with the Stafford Gambit
- Beating Titled Players QUICKLY with the Stafford Gambit
- I Crashed Hikaru’s Stafford Gambit Tournament
- I played the Stafford Gambit against Hikaru… and then he played it against me
- Winning in 12 moves with the Stafford Gambit
- How to CRUSH the Stafford Gambit (and other chess opening secrets)
- She Trash Talked my Stafford Gambit
- Trapping a Grandmaster in 7 Moves | Stafford Gambit
- Discovering a NEW Stafford Gambit Trap to CRUSH the “Refutation”
- Top Indian Grandmaster Invents a Counter-Gambit to my Stafford Gambit
- My Most Beautiful Stafford Gambit
- OH NO! My Stafford Gambit!
- NEW Stafford Gambit Trap: Double Piece Sacrifice. Queen Sacrifice. Promotion MATE.