Dad's Don't Muck it up - OL' FASHIONED
People take a good simple drink recipe, add a bunch of fad ingredients. Well... stop mucking with a good thing. Return to the basics with this Ol' Fashioned cocktail.
Cost: $2.00 - $15
- Lowball Glass
- A jigger
- 1 tbsp Powered shugar Substitute 1 sugar cube
- Enough Good Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey - Woodford Reserve is extremely good, and not so expensive that it would be a crime to use it in a cocktail, unlike Old Fitzgerald, Jefferson’s Ocean Aged Cask Strength, or, God forbid, Elijah Craig 23.
- Some dashes Bitters - Angostura bitters
- Few Dashes Water
- 1 Orange slice or zest
- 1 Cherry
- Place sugar in the bottom of an old fashioned glass and saturate with bitters,
- Add a few dashes of plain water.
- Muck it all up into a syrup.
- Place ice in the glass.
- Fill to the brim with good Kentucky Bourbon.
- Garnish with orange slice or zest, and a cocktail cherry.